RAINBOW HENNA - HAIR COLOR N CONDITIONER DARK BROWN - SABLE 113GR
Rainbow Research Henna Hair Color and Conditioner Dark Brown Sable Description
- Dye and Chemical Free
- 100% Natural Plant Powder
100% Natural Botanical Hair Color and Conditioner
Free of all Chemicals, Preservatives and Dyes
• Made from 100% Plant Material
• Conditions, Adds Body and Shine to all Hair Types
• Can be used to cover Grey or White Hair
• Fades out gradually, Last 4-6 Weeks on average (safe to use more frequently)
Available in 13 shades: Dark Brown, Medium Brown, Light Brown, Red, Mahogany, Burgundy, Copper, Sherry, Marigold Blonde, Blonde, Strawberry Blonde and Neutral
Rainbow Henna may be applied on wet or dry hair, but it is important that the hair be clean. If you wish to shampoo first, towel dry hair before application. Apply cream, oil, or Vaseline around the hairline, ears, and neck to avoid staining your skin.
**(If using Henna on Grey or White Hair see directions below)**
- Pour a 4 oz. jar of Rainbow Henna into a glass or plastic bowl.
- Gradually add boiling water, coffee or tea to the Henna powder.
- Use a wooden or plastic spoon to mix thoroughly to a creamy soup-like consistency, (more liquid can be added if mixture is too thick).
- For Rainbow Neutral Henna, mix 2 oz. (1/2 jar) with boiling water.
Rainbow Henna is filled by weight. A 4 oz. jar is equal to an 8 oz. cup by volume.
**For best results with Henna on Grey hair see instructions below**
Directions for use on Grey or White Hair
Pour a 4 oz. jar of Rainbow Henna into a glass or plastic bowl.
Gradually add boiling coffee or tea to the Henna powder. See special recipes and hints below for exact Coffee & Tea use.
Add 1-2 Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar.
Use a wooden or plastic spoon to mix thoroughly to a creamy soup-like consistency, (more liquid can be added if mixture is too thick).
For Rainbow Neutral Henna on Grey Hair: Mix 2 oz. (1/2 jar) with boiling water, do not use coffee and vinegar.
Best Recipes for Grey Hair:
- Dark Brown Henna + Coffee + 1-2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar = Dark Brown
- 3 parts Black + 1 Part Medium Brown + Coffee + 1-2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar = Dark Brown
- 3 Parts Dark Brown + 1 Part Medium Brown + Coffee + 1-2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar = Medium/Dark Brown
- 3 Parts Black + 1 Part Dark Brown + Coffee + 1-2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar = Darkest Brown
Special Recipes and Hints
Substitute Coffee or Tea for Water to add these effects:
Coffee – Use for Best Results on Grey Hair to help tone down red tones, deepens brown-red tones, & cover grey. Use brewed, black coffee or espresso (not instant or decaffeinated). After coffee or espresso is brewed, bring to a boil. Mix as directed above.
Teas- To have the following effects take place, substitute tea for water. Let tea steep for 20-30 minutes, and then bring to a boil. Mix as directed above.
Ceylon, Black China or Darjeeling Teas will help tone down red & deepen brown-red tones on Dark Brown, Med Brown, Burgundy, Mahogany & Sherry. Ceylon, Black China or Darjeeling Teas will add gold highlights to Light Brown Henna.
Red Zinger Tea enriches red tones in Burgundy, Sherry, Mahogany, Dark Brown, Med Brown and Red Henna.
Chamomile Tea brightens and adds highlights to Neutral, Blonde, or Marigold Blonde Henna.
Apple Cider Vinegar – To help all colors hold on grey hair, add 1-2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar to Henna mixture.
Lemon Juice – To lighten blonde shades, add 1-2 tbsp. lemon juice to Henna mixture.
To Deepen Red Shades – Red, Sherry, Mahogany, or Burgundy can be deepened by mixing a darker shade. For example, 3 oz. (3/4 jar) Mahogany + 1 oz. (1/4 jar) Dark Brown = Dark Auburn.
Dry or Damaged Hair – Add 1 Egg, or 1-2 tbsp. of Olive Oil, or 1-2 tbsp of Plain Yogurt to the Henna mixture. These natural ingredients not only condition, but help with the application and rinsing processes. Choose any 1 of the 3 options listed above for similar results.
Wear plastic or rubber gloves to avoid staining your hands.
Section hair front to back and ear to ear. Take 1 inch partings in the sections.
Method 1 - Begin at the scalp and paint on the Henna with a tint brush from roots to ends, or use hands
Method 2 - Begin at scalp and apply Henna with gloved hands. Packing it on as if you were putting a mud pack on your head.
Continue until all the hair is thickly coated with the Henna mixture.
Place a cotton or tissue band around the hairline. Cover the hair with a plastic bag or plastic wrap and old towel to help maintain heat.
(For best results use a Heat Lamp, or Thermo Heat Cap)
Leave on as follows:
- Black, Red, Sherry, Mahogany, Burgundy, Dark Brown, Medium Brown, and Copper –with heat 45- 60 minutes; without heat 60-90 minutes.
- Strawberry Blonde, Blonde, Marigold Blonde, Light Brown, and Neutral –with heat 30 minutes; without heat 45-60 minutes.
When timing is completed, rinse thoroughly with hot water, and then rinse with cool water. Follow with Rainbow Henna Shampoo, or any mild natural shampoo without essential oils. Rinse thoroughly and style. Leaving the Henna on longer then recommended is not advised, results may vary.
Henna Test Strand Instructions
- Mix 1 teaspoon of Henna with Boiled Water* Use enough water to make it into a thick soup-like consistency. Additional water may be added to thin mixture if needed.
- Test on enough hair to see results. Select a 1 inch section (enough to wrap around 2 fingers).
- Apply Henna Roots to Ends, coating the hair.
- After Henna is applied, wrap the section of hair in plastic wrap.
- Leave on 45-60 minutes. Rinse off, shampoo and dry.
Check color in good light, daylight is best. For more depth of color, timing can be increased 15-30 minutes.
*coffee or tea should be substituted for water for grey hair.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.